SnapAmp works best with 1kW Brushless motors with differential
encoders. Opto-isolated limit and home switches interface easily. To get started with a SnapAmp
all you need is a motor power supply (10-80V), motors, and encoder feedback.
Servo tuning with SnapAmp is a snap because of all of the available data that lets you know exactly
what is happening with your motors. Using the KMotion Step Response Screen the Commanded Trajectory,
Actual Position, Position Error, Velocity, Output, Coil Currents, and Supply Voltage can
all be plotted with 90us resolution with a depth of 40,000 Samples. Bode Plots provide
frequency domain information as well. We feel that this level of tuning capability really sets
our boards apart. Please let us know if we can offer guidance with your tuning.
Depending on motor types, SnapAmp is capable of driving 2 to 4 axes.
The SnapAmp contains two independent sides (side A and side B).
Each side (A, B) has 4 half bridge amplifiers capable of driving either:
- 1 stepper motor
- 1 brushless motor
- 2 brush motors
Each side (A,B) offers:
- Independent power supply input
- Programmable voltage clamps
- Programmable current limit
- Digital temperature measurement
- Capability of sourcing 1kW continuous
- 8 opto-isolated inputs
- 4 differential encoder inputs
- 14 LVTTL General Purpose Inputs or Outputs
- High speed digital current measurement (33 Mega-samples per second @ 10-bits)
- Programmable current limits
- High efficiency MOSFETS (0.01 ohm)
- Shorted load protection
- High speed motor supply voltage measurement
- Programmable motor supply clamping (revers braking over voltage protection)
- Independent motor supply on each side
- Pluggable screw terminals
Please view our on-line documentation
for full details.