How to re-enable a disabled axis

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

jpbarad7

Re: How to re-enable a disabled axis

Post by jpbarad7 » Sun Oct 27, 2024 11:39 am

Tom,

Great information about the Mach3 flags - Thanks!

Here's what I found after the testing you recommended:

When I press the individual 'Ref axis' buttons on Mach3's Diagnostic screen, Kmotion's console confirms accurate receipt of each signal (i.e. a value of 1 for X, 2 for Y .... 32 for C), and the respective axis is appropriately Zeroed within both Mach3 and Kmotion.

However, when I press the 'Ref All Home' button on Mach3's Program Run screen, Kmotion's console shows that flags for only 4 of the 5 enabled axes is being sent (X,Y,Z, and A). The C axis is omitted, and, consesequently, axis C is not zeroed within either Mach3 or Kmotion.

The problem I am having, therefore, is occurring within Mach3, not Kmotion.

I CAN manually zero the C axis in both Mach3 and Kmotion by pressing the 'Ref C' button on Mach3's Diagnostics screen, and this IS a viable work-around, but it still would be really nice if all 5 axes could be zeroed with a single button push.

Do you know if there is a way to tell Mach3 to send a flag for all enabled axes, when the 'Ref All Home' button is pressed?

I have searched through Mach3's configuration screens, but have been unable to find anything that works.

Thank you again for helping me.

Jim