Applying offsets when changing tools manually.

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

larryjamessmith

Re: Applying offsets when changing tools manually.

Post by larryjamessmith » Wed Oct 02, 2024 2:06 am

How about changing the behavior to issue the offset change after the return from the M6 all? This sequence change better fits the logic of timing to match the order of operations set in post-processors generating the gcode.

Again, I really appreciate your close attention to issues and your prompt responses!

Thank you.

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Oct 02, 2024 10:49 pm

Hi Larry,

I wouldn't want to change any behavior that could possibly break someone else's machine.

That option should only apply to the Tool Dropdown List Box or whenever the Tool Table is edited. Is that where the problem occurred for you?

I agree disabling the option is recommended which gives you full control on how/when things are explicitly performed.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

larryjamessmith

Post by larryjamessmith » Thu Oct 03, 2024 5:27 am

Yes, I use the drop-down control during setup when I typically use an edge-finder (my tool 1000) to set my zero reference. During the tool change process I measure the tool clamping error using a touch-block connected via an input bit signal. I use the last position and the clamping error remembered from the previous tool change along with the clamping error of the new tool when computing the tool length offset. By doing this the tool table never needs to change.

Now that I know what was happening I will make sure I keep the option disabled.

Thank you again!