8 axis KMotion CNC Screen & commercial help

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

Chevvron

8 axis KMotion CNC Screen & commercial help

Post by Chevvron » Fri Aug 23, 2024 9:20 am

Tom,
We are thinking very seriously about using Kogna for a special purpose machine e we have an order for.
I have used KFlop on our 5 axis machines and Kogna for testing gour servo and stepper drives.
I have some knowledge of the Dynomotion system but I an supposed to be managing the project and not experimenting with software.

We are quite prepared to pay for help as this is a commercial project.
It would be ideal if the help was available in the UK, but I suspect unlikely.

The machine is 8 axis, 6 linear, 2 rotary.
5 linear axis move less than 1500mm, 1 axis moves 50 metres.
1 rotary axis moves 90 degrees, the other 360 degrees.
All sequential moves, no coordinated motion.
3 linear axis will need to Renishaw probe for datums.

A starting point would be a KMotion CNC 8 axis screen, then we can move all axis from one interface.

Your thoughts please ?
Regards,

Tim

TomKerekes

Re: 8 axis KMotion CNC Screen & commercial help

Post by TomKerekes » Sun Aug 25, 2024 7:26 am

Hi Tim,

It isn’t exactly clear what you are asking help with.

Are you asking for help with configuration and setup of KMotionCNC?

Or are you asking for help with writing a custom PC application for your application?

System seems huge. What does it do?
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Chevvron

Post by Chevvron » Mon Aug 26, 2024 2:47 pm

Tom,

I will hopefully post video tomorrow of the original machines we manufactured 17 years ago and have run most days.

After more thinking and experimentation I think the standard 6 axis screen will work with the 6 linear axis and a C program called by an M code will move the 2 rotary axis.

I assume KMCNC will not command a G code U or V axis move as there is no where to axis scaling, velocities and accelerations ?

I will need to probe X, Y, Z axis to set zero datums at various positions along the main 50 metre X axis travel.
I have experimented with your example probe touch direction c program on my axis 6 called by an M code.
Very simply after calling the M code to invoke probing I follow it by a G92 to set a datum.

The position at which the G92 applies the offset is the position at which the axis has stopped ?

I assume on a probe trigger there is a method to use the actual positions to offset to zero using G92 ?

If my thoughts are correct regarding the standard 6 axis screen then the help required would be the deletion of items such as simulate button, spindle feed box, g54 box, inch/mm button and either deletion or password protection of the tool setup / g code viewer tab, though this would not be required until delivery.

All depends on what is possible ?

Regards,
Tim

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Tue Aug 27, 2024 4:27 pm

Hi Tim,
I assume KMCNC will not command a G code U or V axis move as there is no where to axis scaling, velocities and accelerations ?
The GCode Interpreter supports the U and V axes for a total of 8 axes. The scaling and such are set on the Tool Setup | Trajectory Planner Screen |Axis Motion Parameters.

ToolSetupTP.png
The position at which the G92 applies the offset is the position at which the axis has stopped ?

I assume on a probe trigger there is a method to use the actual positions to offset to zero using G92 ?
Are you referring to the Commanded Destination vs the measured encoder Positions? Yes the G92 offsets based on the current Destinations. On normal systems there should be little difference between the commanded and actual positions when stopped. One option might be to set the commanded destination to the measured position before applying the G92 offset.

If my thoughts are correct regarding the standard 6 axis screen then the help required would be the deletion of items such as simulate button, spindle feed box, g54 box, inch/mm button and either deletion or password protection of the tool setup / g code viewer tab, though this would not be required until delivery.
You can use the KMotionCNC Screen Editor to delete unwanted controls.

We could add a password protection for the Tool Setup Screens. I believe that has been requested before. If a specific file with password exists, request the password, otherwise not.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.