SETTING UP KFLOP, KANALOG FOR NEW CNC ROUTER RETROFIT

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

TomKerekes

Re: SETTING UP KFLOP, KANALOG FOR NEW CNC ROUTER RETROFIT

Post by TomKerekes » Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:35 pm

I can't really follow what you are doing. Homing the axes shouldn't be affected by which tool, if any, is loaded. Are you doing other steps? Are you touching off the tool to a sensor or the stock? Is tool length enabled when doing so? Please be more specific what you are trying to do?
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:57 pm

Hi Tom

I am resetting Z axis to zero in some point far away from stock, then i jog down to touch machine's bed with each tool and enter that value to tool table, my cam software have the option to set zero on the stock or the machine's bed, i always use this metod. i am not using any sensor or tool setter on this machine, but i will with other machine i have.
TomKerekes wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:35 pm
Homing the axes shouldn't be affected by which tool, if any, is loaded.
homing axes is ok, always set zero at the same spot, i have adjusted every tool length and saved on tool table, but when turn the machine off and turn it back on tool cut in the air again like if never been adjusted, i know i am doing something wrog, in other machine i fixed before is diferent because it uses four diferent spindles and they works fine.

regards.

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:10 pm

Hi Noel,
i jog down to touch machine's bed with each tool and enter that value to tool table
What value do you enter?

Is length compensation for that tool turned on when you do this?

What does the Z DRO read before and after you do this?

Are there any Axis or Origin GCode offsets in play when you do this?

After restarting do the Tool Table and Axis and Origin offsets remain the same?

After restarting and selecting the tool and enabling length compensation when jogging the tool tip to the machine bed what does the DRO read?

Please describe the entire sequence for a single tool.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Mon Jul 01, 2024 1:52 am

Hi Tom
TomKerekes wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:10 pm
Is length compensation for that tool turned on when you do this?

yes tool length compensation is turned on with G43 from Gcode, also the tool length offset/immediately in trayectory planner is checked on.
TomKerekes wrote:
What value do you enter?
I tested this first.
when i reset home axes, after find the upper sensor it go down few inches and set the DRO to zero at that point, tool still to high from machine bed.
TomKerekes wrote:
What value do you enter?
after zeroed the Z axis I jog down to touch the machine bed and i set the distance read by DRO in the tool table, but this did not work the tool was cutting too high in the air.

then i tested this
after reset home and zero X and Y the Z is set to 4 inches instead zero, so the DRO now is in 4.000 at this point, why 4.000? i find that distance in relation with the tool length entered in the tool table, if i set 3.500instead of 4.000 i have to adjust the tool length value, so this way works ok one time, but after change to other tool and do reset home or turn the machine off and back on, it changes its heights.
TomKerekes wrote:
Are there any Axis or Origin GCode offsets in play when you do this?

in the G code there is this: N14 M06 T8 (Tool: End Mill {0.5 inches})
N15 G00 G43 Z2.0000H8
I assume the Z2.000 is only the distance the tool raise to do a rapid move then go down to feed into the stock, is that right?
TomKerekes wrote:
After restarting and selecting the tool and enabling length compensation when jogging the tool tip to the machine bed what does the DRO read?
lets say if the Z has been set to 4.000 after restet home, if i cutting the stock in one pass, it read 0.000, if i want to cut a 1/4 inch deep on a 3/4 stock, the DRO reads 0.5 inches wich is correct because it is .5 inch above machine bed and tool is cutting 1/4 of an inch from surface stock, but i have not tested with jog every tool down to bed, maybe it will be different one each other so thats why it differs?
so this is what i have tested closer to what i need, tomorrow will try again, i know i am missing some point or i am doing something wrong, maybe i can get a video to show you.

thanks for your help

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:29 am

Tom
have an other question, i have read in other topic here, about tool table index, what is it? does the tool value have relation with each other or one in specific?

thanks

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:23 pm

Hi Noel,
yes tool length compensation is turned on with G43 from Gcode, also the tool length offset/immediately in trayectory planner is checked on.
Well that wasn't really what I asked. The question is what it is while you are setting up the Tool Table. As well as any Offsets.

I would start simple without using any GCode at all and using only one tool. Setup the Tool Table so that with the tool tip on the machine bed, and tool length compensation on for that tool, the DRO reads 0. Then restart, home, and verify that this is still true.
after zeroed the Z axis I jog down to touch the machine bed and i set the distance read by DRO in the tool table, but this did not work the tool was cutting too high in the air.
What do you mean "zeroed the Z Axis"?
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:49 pm

Hi Tom
I think I found the problem. I was setting Z to the total distance between the spindle and machine bed, so there was no space for tool length and stock, now i entered the right distance that match every tool length plus the stock and is working ok, other issue was the run button if i do not press it before reset home it reset origin on different position on Z. Also after reset home and open the edit tab fixure offset on the G92 space it shows on Z the distance between spindle and bed wich is correct, -8.6875, befora this was reading different.

Thank you for your support.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:28 am

Hi Tom

what can i do to set the home reset action as a first condition at the KmotionCNC startup, like if the machine is not homed first, the park and cycle start buttons are disabled maybe only be able to jog the axes, then after homing the axes and set to zero, enable the cycle start and park buttons, this is because sometimes after lost of power the operator forget to home the machine and do different wrong settings.

other question is, it is possible in a c. program make a condition that uses a specific value from the dros as a condition, for xample. if the Y axis read 12.570 do a function, else do nothing or do other function?

regards

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:45 pm

You might use a Virtual Bit as a flag to indicate the system has been homed. Virtual Bits are cleared on boot up. You could set the Bit after homing is completed. If the C Program below is assigned to the Cycle Start action it should immediately halt with a warning if Cycle Start is attempted before homing. Your other program could also check the Bit.

Code: Select all

#include "KMotionDef.h"

#define TMP 10 // which spare persist to use to transfer data
#include "KflopToKMotionCNCFunctions.c"
void HaltAndWarn(char *message);

// Program to be executed when the Cycle Start button is pressed
// DoPC(PC_COMM_EXECUTE);
void main()
{
    if (!ReadBit(48))
    {
        HaltAndWarn("Execute the Init and Homing function before run a program");
    }
}

void HaltAndWarn(char *message)
{
    DoPC(PC_COMM_HALT);
    MsgBox(message, MB_ICONEXCLAMATION);
}
You might see the ToolTableSet.c example to see how to read DROs if you want to do that instead.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:32 pm

Hi Tom.

I am trying to find where are the Cycle start, Stop, buttons functions, if i want to add a function or modify something. for example i wouild like the Stop button make a controllerd stop by halt first then disable the axis, also the Cycle start add the code you sent me in the previous post. I already add it to park button and it works perfect but, park button is a c. program i made, i don't know where to enter to Cycle start and Stop buttons.

Best Regards.