Are threads stopped during step response tests?

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

Roamin

Re: Are threads stopped during step response tests?

Post by Roamin » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:13 pm

Tom,

is there any way to modify what happens when the on screen e-stop button is pressed? I have converted one of my axes to a dummy axis for the tach , and it is working well so far.. My issue now is that if I press the E-stop , the tach axis disables too fast , it disables before I get a chance to disengage the control relays , and so the axis moves and falls into tach alarm. I tried looking at files containing "stop" in their filenames to see if maybe I could comment out the disabling of a particular axis so that it is never disabled and so , the tach signal stays generated. I would need to either cut off my control relays first or keep the the axis enabled at least for a little while longer.

Thank you!

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:46 pm

Hi Roamin,

No there isn't any way to stop an Axis from being disabled on Emergency stop other than replacing the Stop button with your own button using screen script that does what you want. (Or changing KMotionCNC).

You might just quickly re-enable the axis. You could have a forever loop in Thread #1 that would detect an axis being disabled and then re-enable it. The disable will be guaranteed to be detected within 180us.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:52 pm

Hi Roamin,
As for the missing information you asked , I thought I had answered everything .. I will look into it again really soon and try and provide the missing information.
Mainly it doesn't look like I and D were tuned nor the IIR Filter added.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.