Experience with KAnalog and a KBSI-240D

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

Ralack

Experience with KAnalog and a KBSI-240D

Post by Ralack » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:23 am

Does anyone on the forum have experience using a KBSI-240D Signal Isolator board to drive a BLDC motor controller from a DAC on the Kanalog? The wiring appears simple enough, but since I'm about to wire into a 230V inductive load through an interface card I thought I might check to see if anyone has any lessons learned. I really don't enjoy the thought of repurchasing my Dynomotion cards because of a mistake I could have avoided. :lol:

Thanks,
Ralack

TomKerekes

Re: Experience with KAnalog and a KBSI-240D

Post by TomKerekes » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:24 pm

Hi Ralack,

Including specs and links can help encourage response when asking for help. You might also explain what you are connecting it to and how.

From what I found the KBSI-240D device passes a unipolar signal. ie 0-10V. Do you need +/-10V ? Or is this for speed control on a spindle?

I didn't find any specification on bandwidth or response time. Again for spindle speed control would be fine but possibly not for control of an axis.

Although it states the input is isolated from the output. I assume the 230V input is also isolated from the input and output?
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Ralack

Re: Experience with KAnalog and a KBSI-240D

Post by Ralack » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:34 pm

Tom,

You are correct, I am wiring it into an existing BLDC spindle controller system on a PM30-MV until I can afford to upgrade to a good VFD setup in the future. The 220v service is actually isolated from the control circuit by the motor controller.

The current plan is to drive the forward/reverse switch from two Relays via the FET outputs on the KAnalog to create a XOR gate. The Spindle control would come from a DAC on the KAnalog to the KBSI-240, that would then replace the current potentiometer. The KBSI is expecting a 0 to +10V signal that it will convert to the proper voltage range (0 to +120v range depending on the settings.) I have to confirm this, but I am almost certain the controller wants 0v to +5v or 0v to +10v.
Spindle Control.png